Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nasyid Cafe: Salaam Bollywood.

1- I was messaging with Bro Zaidi Rustam from the nasyid group Wildan via Facebook the other day asking him whether would he like to do a feature interview for Nasyid Cafe, for the new interview segment that I am planning to do. While his answer for the interview was of the positive, his mentioning of this new project group called Salaam got me pretty excited.



2- Salaam is an all star super project group consisting the members of Wildan and Far East, two well established nasyid groups from Malaysia. The star studded line up consist of Bro Zaidi Rustam himself from the group Wildan, Fadzli Abu Bakar and Azwan Ibrahim from the group Far East and Mu'adz Dzulkefly (formerly from the now disbanded nasheed Acappella group Al Masaar and was also my senior in the University) a thriving solo act with an album under his belt.

3- According to Bro Zaidi, the group have managed to record 7 songs for a special album project that will be launched in Chennai, India. I was also informed that even though all the songs were composed locally, the music arrangements were done in India. That would be something to look forward to.

4- The group, as I was told, is preparing for their world tour which was called Passage through India in order to promote the soon to be released album. Congratulations and good luck my friends, Insya Allah. Maybe I will ask Bro Zaidi to elaborate more on the project himself when I interview him for Nasyid Cafe. Insya Allah.

6 comments:

  1. salam....

    erk??? my 1st impression to the title...
    then... slowly read... wah!!! SUBHANALLAH... very interesting... this is a "super-duper" great job.... new way to spread ISLAM all over the world... and also to introduce Malaysian nasyidian to the world too.... even the music arrangement in India... but still MADE IN MALAYSIA punya!!!! hehehe.... to bro benign... ur turn next????? who knows??? only ALLAH knows...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah sis.. I gave up singing a long time ago... Its good to hear some of my friends are still committed in doing it. Abang Zaidi is a good friend of mine and I learned a lot from that guy. He even gave me my first chance to compose a hit song for him. Ever heard of Setia Seorang Isteri? I will support him no matter what. Go Wildan Go Salaam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh?? well there are lots of way to be involved in music... even not as singer, but still can do many things that still related to music and nasyid of course.. but surprisingly.. in lagu S.S.I (my short form).. u are the one??? haha... what can i say... no wonder "ia sangat sedap"...

    ReplyDelete
  4. for setia seorang isteri, abang zaidi wrote the lyrics and I did the melody for the song. If you have the album you can see my name stated there. Actually I got two songs in Wildan's album. The other one was Permataku. This is an old song from my days with Marjaan back in 2002.

    ReplyDelete
  5. which version? Marjaan's or Wildan's? You can still find Marjaan's version on youtube.

    ReplyDelete

Followers