Monday, October 18, 2010

Nasyid Cafe: Iman Cape Town Nasheed.

1- Can I say that Iman is my new favorite international Nasheed group? Can I? Move away Outlandish. Haha. Wow. I was stoked when I feasted my ears to their beautiful song called Why. It started with a beautifully arranged Acappella harmonies before the percussion came in hyping the rest of the song. I could not stop listening to the song. Complete with a bass singer.



2- Iman is a four piece nasheed group from Cape Town, South Africa. Iman consist of four talented singers, Wahied, Rifaat, Nizaam and Faizel. The group was formed in 2003, first as a trio before Faizel joining to complete the group as a quartet.

3- Seriously Iman, this is definitely my new favorite nasheed group. While writing this entry I am listening to another song of theirs called La Ilaha IllaLlah. An acappella song with the tahlil zikr as the lyric. It was too beautiful. Well, OK I am a sucker for Acappellas and harmonies, so what?.

4- I visited their website and was amazed to learn that they were influenced by Malaysian nasheed group spelling out Rabbani and Nowseeheart specifically. Now, Inteam Records should and I stress, should bring Iman to Malaysia and introduce this talented group to the Malaysian nasheed audience. I can guarantee that it will become a phenomenon just like what happened to Maher Zain. Believe me. Inteam Records, are you reading this?

5- Iman has already got an album under their belt titled Just Remember which was released in 2005. I have nothing but positive words for Iman. Now, what I want you to do is go and browse their songs in the youtube. You will be stoked just as I was. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers